Industrial Air Conditioners for Harsh/Severe & Rugged Duty
For an overview of Aero Conditioner Company's harsh-duty industrial air conditioners, Click here.
If you have a specific application in mind, please complete our Project Inquiry Form for Air Conditioners or Filtration.
An engineer will then prepare a proposal with our recommended solution.
If you have questions about how hazardous/explosive areas are classified, Click here.
For an overview of Aero Conditioner Company's low-maintenance and no-maintenance filtration systems, Click here.
All Aero Conditioner Company products retain their harsh-duty characteristics when modified for hazardous (“explosion-proof”) environments. Click here.
If you have more general questions or comments, please use our Contact Form.
Industrial Air Conditioners
Aero Conditioner Company (ACC) is a worldwide manufacturer of harsh duty, industrial air conditioners and
HVAC equipment. Industrial air conditioning is used in severe and harsh conditions and environments, such as: corrosive environments, extreme heat or cold, high elevation, humid, dusty, dirty, vibrating, wet (salt/seawater), hazardous (explosive) and other harsh, marine and military environments.
Aero Conditioner Company manufacturers its industrial air conditioner and ventilation systems for most hazardous classes, groups, divisions and zones. ACC builds all hazardous-area (explosion-proof) equipment to resist the same severe conditions as do its regular harsh-duty units to assure long life under severe conditions.
- Aero Conditioner Company builds industrial air conditioners for almost all hazardous groups and areas: Division 1, Zone 1, Division 2, and Zone 2
- From the outside, Aero Conditioner Company's explosion-proof models look the same as our standard units - no unsightly explosion-proof box on the outside and generally no increase in size. Since we initially designed the units with the idea that many would be used in hazardous applications, we can make the adaptations inside the cabinets
- Aero Conditioner Company uses compressors specifically recognized by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) as being suitable for use in the hazardous areas. Manufacturers offers open compressors certified for hazardous locations
- Aero Conditioner Company normally seals its hazardous-duty / explosion-proof / XP air conditioners in our factory to enable fast and easy installation
- Aero Conditioner Company uses intrinsically safe control and monitoring systems when appropriate, To enable remote installation of controls
- Aero Conditioner Company's units have a low-temperature hazardous classification T3B (165°C) or T3C (160ºC), even when we include internal electrical-resistance heat. Under IEC / ATEX / CENELEC, the classification is T3
- Aero Conditioner Company's blower wheels comply with the anti-spark standard AMCA C. As in all Aero units, we use only heavy-duty and durable, corrosion and dust-resistant, backwardly-inclined blower wheels, made of special polyamide 6 plastic reinforced with 30% glass fiber or wheels mode of a special alloy of aluminum and magnesium
- If heating is also required, Aero installs finned-tubular electrical-resistance heating elements inside its air conditioners with either 1.5KW to 10KW capacity and Temperature Code T3B of T3B
- Designs available for NEC Class I, Class II, and Class III, Group A, Group B, Group C, Group D, Group E, Group F, and Group G Division 1 / Zone 1, Division 2 / Zone 2 and IEC Ex / ATEX / CENELEC EEX / CEC Group I, Group IIA, Group IIB, and Group IIC Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 20, Zone 21, and Zone 22, Zone M1, Zone M2 (use either flame proof or increased safety construction)
- Configurations of industrial air conditioner units: Through-the-Wall (window), Roof-Mount Ductless-Split, vertical (Wall Hung), Interior (Container), and Mobile (Spot)
ACC specializes in the manufacture of standardized heating, ventilation, industrial air-conditioning and related products designed to cool and heat, filter and dehumidify the air in extreme conditions. One large advantage of this standardization is that it enables ACC to produce and price its equipment less expensively and ship to customers quicker than manufacturers that build short-run, specially-made severe-duty units. Industrial air conditioners are available for indoor & outdoor use & are usable with NEMA type 12, 4 & 4X enclosures. Available in unit capacities from 1 ton to 10 tons with vertical, roof mount, wall, window, split or mobile configurations.
Common applications for Aero Conditioner Company harsh duty industrial A/C units:
Gases - Flammable and Explosive
- Coal, Coke and related Dusts
- Metal Dusts such as Magnesium and Aluminum
- Textile Fibers and Flyings
- Other Hazardous Dusts such Grain, Flour, Wood, Plastic and Chemicals
Examples of industrial applications include:
- Offshore Drilling & Exploration
- Oil Refineries & Platforms
- Barges and Bulk-Cargo Ships
- Explosives & Munitions Manufacturers
- Sewage & Water Treatment Plants
- Steel and Metals Manufacturing
- Paper and Metal Recycling
- Metallurgical Facilities
- Hospitals & Laboratory
- Pharmaceutical Labs
- Paper & Pulp Mills
- Textile Plants