Extreme/Rugged & Harsh Duty Air Conditioners - 36K BTU
For an overview of Aero Conditioner Company's 36K BTU harsh-duty AC, Click here.
If you have a specific application in mind, please complete our Project Inquiry Form for Air Conditioners or Filtration.
An engineer will then prepare a proposal with our recommended solution.
If you have questions about how hazardous/explosive areas are classified, Click here.
For an overview of Aero Conditioner Company's low-maintenance and no-maintenance filtration systems, Click here.
All Aero Conditioner Company products retain their harsh-duty characteristics when modified for hazardous (“explosion-proof”) environments. Click here.
If you have more general questions or comments, please use our Contact Form.
36K BTU Severe Duty Air Conditioners
Aero Conditioner Company manufacturers its 36K BTU industrial, harsh-duty air conditioners and ventilation systems for most hazardous classes, groups, divisions and zones. ACC builds all hazardous-area (explosion-proof) equipment to resist the same severe conditions as do its regular harsh-duty units: corrosive, dusty, hot (and cold), high altitude, humid, vibrating and otherwise extreme-pressure to assure long lives under tough conditions.
- Aero Conditioner Company makes 36K BTU air conditioners for almost all hazardous groups and areas: Division 1, Zone 1, Division 2, and Zone 2
- From the outside, Aero Conditioner Company's explosion-proof models look the same as our standard units - no unsightly explosion-proof box on the outside and generally no increase in size. Since Aero initially designed the units with the idea that many would be used in hazardous applications, we can make the adaptations inside the cabinets
- Aero Conditioner Company uses compressors specifically recognized by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) as being suitable for use in the hazardous areas. Manufacturers offers open compressors certified for hazardous locations
- Aero Conditioner Company normally seals its hazardous-duty / explosion-proof / XP air conditioners in our factory to enable fast and easy installation
- Aero Conditioner Company uses intrinsically safe control and monitoring systems when appropriate, To enable remote installation of controls
- Aero Conditioner Company's units have a low-temperature hazardous classification T3B (165°C) or T3C (160ºC), even when we include internal electrical-resistance heat. Under IEC / ATEX / CENELEC, the classification is T3
- Aero Conditioner Company's blower wheels comply with the anti-spark standard AMCA C. As in all Aero units, we use only heavy-duty and durable, corrosion and dust-resistant, backwardly-inclined blower wheels, made of special polyamide 6 plastic reinforced with 30% glass fiber or wheels mode of a special alloy of aluminum and magnesium
- If heating is also required, Aero installs finned-tubular electrical-resistance heating elements inside its air conditioners with either 1.5KW to 10KW capacity and Temperature Code T3B of T3B
- Designs available for NEC Class I, Class II, and Class III, Group A, Group B, Group C, Group D, Group E, Group F, and Group GDivision 1 / Zone 1, Division 2 / Zone 2 and IEC Ex / ATEX / CENELEC EEX / CEC Group I, Group IIA, Group IIB, and Group IIC Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 20, Zone 21, and Zone 22, Zone M1, Zone M2 Â (use either flame proof or increased safety construction)
- Configurations of 36K BTU air conditioners: Through-the-Wall (window), Roof-Mount Ductless-Split, vertical (Wall Hung), Interior (Container), and Mobile (Spot)
Common Applications for Aero Conditioner Company harsh and hazardous duty units:
Gases - Flammable and Explosive
- Coal, Coke and related Dusts
- Metal Dusts such as Magnesium and Aluminum
- Textile Fibers and Flyings
- Other Hazardous Dusts such Grain, Flour, Wood, Plastic and Chemicals
Applicable Industries for 36K BTU A/C:
- Cellulosic Ethanol
- Industrial use
- Military grade & marine use
- Offshore / Mining
- Pharmaceutical / Pharma lab
- Salt & seawater
- Sewage treatment plant
- Silica factory
- Wastewater treatment plant