Dust Proof Air Conditioners - Severe & Harsh Duty A/C
For an overview of Aero Conditioner Company's dust proof air conditioners, Click here.
If you have a specific application in mind, please complete our Project Inquiry Form for Air Conditioners or Filtration.
An engineer will then prepare a proposal with our recommended solution.
If you have questions about how hazardous/explosive areas are classified, Click here.
For an overview of Aero Conditioner Company's low-maintenance and no-maintenance filtration systems, Click here.
All Aero Conditioner Company products retain their harsh-duty characteristics when modified for hazardous (“explosion-proof”) environments. Click here.
If you have more general questions or comments, please use our Contact Form.
U.S. cement plant with an Aero Conditioner dust-resistant Split Unit A/C unit
Dust Proof Air Conditioners
Among our strengths in building harsh duty industrial air conditioners, making them dust "proof" or resistant, is probably the most fundamental, core strength of the units. With no more than 8-10 fins per inch on our coils, dust and dirty simply falls right through and to the bottom of the units. Dust has no way of clogging and accumulating in the coils like is seen in almost every attempt at using residential, commercial or even light industrial a/c units in environments that are very dusty and industrial in nature.
ACC's dust proof air conditioners and ventilation systems are also available for most hazardous Classes, Groups, Divisions and Zones. ACC builds all hazardous-area (explosion-proof) equipment to resist the same severe conditions as do its regular harsh-duty units: corrosive, dusty, hot (and cold), high altitude, humid and otherwise extreme-pressure to assure long life under severe conditions.
- Aero Conditioner Company builds dust-proof air conditioners for almost all hazardous groups and areas: Division 1, Zone 1, Division 2, and Zone 2
- Aero Conditioner Company uses compressors specifically recognized by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) as being suitable for use in the hazardous areas. Manufacturers offers open compressors certified for hazardous locations
- Aero Conditioner Company uses intrinsically safe control and monitoring systems when appropriate, to enable remote installation of controls
- Designs available for Classes I and II and Groups A-G, including locations where combustible quantities are present
- Configurations of dust proof air conditioner units include: Through-the-Wall (window), Roof-Mount Ductless-Split, vertical (Wall Hung), Interior (Container), and Mobile (Spot)
Common applications for Aero Conditioner Company dust proof HVAC units:
Gases - Flammable and Explosive
- Coal, Coke and related Dusts
- Metal Dusts such as Magnesium and Aluminum
- Textile Fibers and Flyings
- Other Hazardous Dusts such Grain, Flour, Wood, Plastic and Chemicals