Explosion Proof Division 1 / Zone 1 & Division 2 / Zone 2
If you have questions about how hazardous/explosive areas are classified, Click here.
For an overview of Aero Conditioner Company's low-maintenance and no-maintenance filtration systems, Click here.
All Aero Conditioner Company products retain their harsh-duty characteristics when modified for hazardous (“explosion-proof”) environments.
If you have more general questions or comments, please use our Contact Form.
Explosion Proof Air Conditioners
Aero Conditioner Company manufacturers its explosion proof air conditioners for most hazardous Divisions, Classes, and Groups. When we build an explosion proof air conditioner, we build it to operate in the same conditions as our severe- and harsh-duty units, including tolerating corrosive environments, dusty, hot (and cold), high altitude, humid, vibrating and otherwise extreme pressure conditions to assure durability and strong performance under demanding conditions.
We exclusively build only industrial A/C units, and we never attempt to modify lightweight residential or commercial units. This focus on solid construction ensures our products always perform better than modified lightweight equipment.
- Aero Conditioner Company makes industrial air conditioners for almost all hazardous groups and areas: Division 1, Zone 1, Division 2, and Zone 2, Zone 20, Zone 21, and Zone 22
- From the outside, our explosion-proof air conditioners look the same as our standard units - no unsightly explosion-proof box on the outside and generally no increase in size. Since we initially designed the units with the idea that many would be used in explosion proof applications, we are able to make the adaptations inside the cabinets
- We exclusively use compressors specifically recognized by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) as being suitable for use in the hazardous areas. There are no open compressors certified for hazardous locations
- As a matter of course, ACC seals its hazardous-duty / explosion-proof (XP) air conditioners in our factory to enable fast and easy installation
- We also use intrinsically safe control and monitoring systems when appropriate to enable remote installation of controls
- ACC's units have a low-temperature hazardous classification T3B (165°C) or T3C (160ºC), even when we include internal electrical-resistance heat. Under IEC / ATEX / CENELEC, the classification is T3
- Aero Conditioner Company's blower wheels comply with the anti-spark standard AMCA C. As in all Aero units, we use only heavy-duty and durable, corrosion and dust-resistant, backwardly-inclined blower wheels, made of special polyamide 6 plastic reinforced with 30% glass fiber or wheels mode of a special alloy of aluminum and magnesium
- If heating is also required, Aero installs special incoloy electrical-resistance heating elements inside its air conditioners with capacities starting at 2.5 KW and up to 10KW capacity
- Designs available for NEC Class I, Class II, and Class III, Group A, Group B, Group C, Group D, Group E, Group F, and Group G, Division 1 / Zone 1, Division 2 / Zone 2 and IEC Ex / ATEX / CENELEC EEX / CEC Group I, Group IIA, Group IIB, and Group IIC, Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 20, Zone 21, and Zone 22, Zone M1, Zone M2 (use either flame proof or increased safety construction)
- Configurations of air conditioners: Through-the-Wall, Window, Roof-Mount, Ductless-Split, Vertical (Wall Hung), Interior (Container), and Mobile (Spot)
Common applications for Aero Conditioner Company harsh-duty explosion proof units:
Gases - Flammable and Explosive
- Coal, Coke and related Dusts
- Combustible Metal Dusts such as Magnesium and Aluminum, among others
- Textile Fibers and Flyings
- Other Hazardous Dusts such Grain, Flour, Wood, Plastic and Chemicals