Fireproof Air Conditioners - Severe & Extreme Duty A/C
For an overview of Aero Conditioner Company's fireproof air conditioners, Click here.
If you have a specific application in mind, please complete our Project Inquiry Form for Air Conditioners or Filtration.
An engineer will then prepare a proposal with our recommended solution.
If you have questions about how hazardous/explosive areas are classified, Click here.
For an overview of Aero Conditioner Company's low-maintenance and no-maintenance filtration systems, Click here.
All Aero Conditioner Company products retain their harsh-duty characteristics when modified for hazardous (“explosion-proof”) environments. Click here.
If you have more general questions or comments, please use our Contact Form.
Fireproof Air Conditioners
Aero Conditioner Company manufacturers its fireproof air conditioners and ventilation systems for most hazardous classes, groups, divisions and zones. ACC builds all hazardous-area (explosion-proof) equipment to resist the same severe conditions as do its regular harsh-duty units: corrosive, dusty, hot (and cold), high altitude, humid and otherwise extreme-pressure to assure long life under severe conditions.
- Aero Conditioner Company builds fire-proof air conditioners for almost all hazardous groups and areas: Division 1, Zone 1, Division 2, and Zone 2
- Aero Conditioner Company uses compressors specifically recognized by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) as being suitable for use in the hazardous areas. Manufacturers offers open compressors certified for hazardous locations
- Aero Conditioner Company uses intrinsically safe control and monitoring systems when appropriate, to enable remote installation of controls
- Designs available for NEC Class I, Class II, and Class III, Group A, Group B, Group C, Group D, Group E, Group F, and Group GDivision 1 / Zone 1, Division 2 / Zone 2 and IEC Ex / ATEX / CENELEC EEX / CEC Group I, Group IIA, Group IIB, and Group IIC Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 20, Zone 21, and Zone 22, Zone M1, Zone M2 Â (use either flame proof or increased safety construction)
- Configurations of fire proof air conditioner units: Through-the-Wall (window), Roof-Mount Ductless-Split, vertical (Wall Hung), Interior (Container), and Mobile (Spot)
Common applications for Aero Conditioner Company fireproof A/C units:
Gases - Flammable and Explosive
- Coal, Coke and related Dusts
- Metal Dusts such as Magnesium and Aluminum
- Textile Fibers and Flyings
- Other Hazardous Dusts such Grain, Flour, Wood, Plastic and Chemicals