Explosion Proof HVAC for Severe & Harsh Duty
For an overview of Aero Conditioner Company's explosion proof HVAC, Click here.
If you have a specific application in mind, please complete our Project Inquiry Form for Air Conditioners or Filtration.
An engineer will then prepare a proposal with our recommended solution.
If you have questions about how hazardous/explosive areas are classified, Click here.
For an overview of Aero Conditioner Company's low-maintenance and no-maintenance filtration systems, Click here.
All Aero Conditioner Company products retain their harsh-duty characteristics when modified for hazardous (“explosion-proof”) environments. Click here.
If you have more general questions or comments, please use our Contact Form.
Explosion Proof HVAC
Aero Conditioner Company (ACC) manufacturers its explosion proof HVAC systems for all hazardous Classes, Divisions and Zones and most Groups. ACC builds all of its "explosion-proof" equipment to resist the same severe conditions as do its regular harsh-duty units: corrosive, dusty, hot (up to 131°F+), cold (down to -40°F/C), high altitude, humid and otherwise extreme conditions, to assure product longevity in Earth's most challenging conditions.
- Aero Conditioner Company builds explosion proof HVAC units for all hazardous Divisions and Classes, including Division 1 and 2 and Zones 0, 1, 2 and 20, 21, and 22
- From the outside, our explosion-proof units look the same as our normal units - no clunky explosion-proof electrical box on the outside and minimal increase in cabinet size. Since Aero initially designed the explosion proof HVAC units with the idea that many would be used in hazardous applications, we make the adaptations inside the stainless steel (304L and 316L) cabinets, inlcuding hardened cast aluminum wiring boxes
- ACC uses compressors specifically recognized by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) as being suitable for use in hazardous areas. There are no open compressors certified for hazardous locations.
- We typically seal our explosion-proof HVAC products at our factory to enable fast and easy installation
- We use intrinsically safe wiring and current for hazardous applications to enable remote installation of thermostats
- Aero Conditioner Company's units have a low-temperature hazardous classification T3B (165°C) or T3C (160ºC), even when we include explosion-proof internal electrical-resistance heat. Under IEC / ATEX / CENELEC, the classification is T3
- Our blower wheels comply with the anti-spark standard AMCA C. As with all ACC HVAC units, we use only heavy-duty and durable, corrosion- and dust-resistant, backwardly-inclined blower wheels, made of special polyamide 6 plastic reinforced with 30% glass fiber or wheels built from a special alloy of aluminum and magnesium, when called for
- If heating is also required, Aero installs incoloy tubular electrical-resistance heating elements inside its HVAC units with options ranging from 2.5KW up to 10KW capacity available and Temperature Code T3B or T3C, or T4
- Configurations of industrial air conditioner units include Wall/Window, Roof-Mount, Ductless-Split, vertical (Wall Hung), Interior (Container), and Mobile (Spot)...and if you have another form factor or style you are contemplating, we are always open to unique, custom projects to work on
Common applications for Aero Conditioner Company explosion proof HVAC units:
Gases - Flammable and Explosive
- Steel Mills and Smelters - Coal, Coke and related Dusts
- Aerospace, Munitions - Metal Dusts such as Magnesium and Aluminum
- Textile Industry - Textile Fibers and Flyings
- Grain Elevators, Food Processing, Military/Munitions - Timber and Pharmaceutical - Other Hazardous Dusts such Grain (e.g. Corn), Flour, Wood, Plastic and Chemicals