Military Grade HVAC - Air Conditioners for Severe & Harsh Duty
For an overview of Aero Conditioner Company's harsh-duty, military grade air conditioners, Click here.
If you have a specific application in mind, please complete our Project Inquiry Form for Air Conditioners or Filtration.
An engineer will then prepare a proposal with our recommended solution.
If you have questions about how hazardous/explosive areas are classified, Click here.
For an overview of Aero Conditioner Company's low-maintenance and no-maintenance filtration systems, Click here.
All Aero Conditioner Company products retain their harsh-duty characteristics when modified for hazardous (“explosion-proof”) environments. Click here.
If you have more general questions or comments, please use our Contact Form.
Military Grade Air Conditioners
Aero Conditioner Company (ACC) manufacturers its military grade, industrial systems for most hazardous classes, groups, divisions and zones. ACC builds all of its hazardous-area (explosion-proof) equipment to resist the same severe conditions as do its regular harsh-duty units: corrosive, dusty, hot (and cold), high altitude, humid and otherwise extreme-pressure to assure long life under severe conditions.
- Aero Conditioner Company builds military grade air conditioners for almost all hazardous groups and areas: Division 1, Zone 1, Division 2, and Zone 2, as well as Zone 20, Zone 21, and Zone 22
- From the outside, our explosion-proof models look the same as our standard units - no unsightly explosion-proof box on the outside and generally no increase in size. Since Aero initially designed the HVAC units with the idea that many would be used in hazardous applications, we make the adaptations inside the stainless steel (304L and 316L) cabinets
- ACC uses compressors specifically recognized by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) as being suitable for use in the hazardous areas. We offer open compressors certified for hazardous locations
- We normally seals our hazardous-duty / explosion-proof / XP air conditioners in our factory to enable fast and easy installation
- We also use intrinsically safe control and monitoring systems when appropriate, to enable remote installation of controls
- Aero Conditioner Company's units have a low-temperature hazardous classification T3B (165°C) or T3C (160ºC), even when we include internal electrical-resistance heat. Under IEC / ATEX / CENELEC, the classification is T3
- Aero Conditioner Company's blower wheels comply with the anti-spark standard AMCA C. As in all Aero units, we use only heavy-duty and durable, corrosion and dust-resistant, backwardly-inclined blower wheels, made of special polyamide 6 plastic reinforced with 30% glass fiber or wheels mode of a special alloy of aluminum and magnesium
- If heating is also required, Aero installs finned-tubular electrical-resistance heating elements inside its HVAC units with either 1.5KW to 10KW capacity and Temperature Code T3B or T3C
- Designs available for NEC Class I, Class II, and Class III, Group A, Group B, Group C, Group D, Group E, Group F, and Group G Division 1 / Zone 1, Division 2 / Zone 2 and IEC Ex / ATEX / CENELEC EEX / CEC Group I, Group IIA, Group IIB, and Group IIC Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 20, Zone 21, and Zone 22, Zone M1, Zone M2 (use either flame proof or increased safety construction)
- Configurations of industrial air conditioner units: Through-the-Wall (window), Roof-Mount, Ductless-Split, vertical (Wall Hung), Interior (Container), and Mobile (Spot)
Common applications for Aero Conditioner Company harsh duty, military grade HVAC units:
Gases - Flammable and Explosive
- Coal, Coke and related Dusts
- Metal Dusts such as Magnesium and Aluminum
- Textile Fibers and Flyings
- Other Hazardous Dusts such Grain, Flour, Wood, Plastic and Chemicals